Seeing a Show
- Parking at the Hangar Theatre is free.
- An alternative mode of transportation to the Hangar is TCAT bus, Route 22. Please note that the TCAT does have alternative summer hours. For more information, please visit http://tcatbus.com/
The Hangar Lobby Café opens for business one hour before each show, patrons can enjoy a range of snack, sodas, beer and wine under our covered patio preshow and during intermission.
one hour before each show.
- Phone: 607.273.ARTS (2787)
Free Preshow/ Post Show Talks
- Casual preshow discussion in the theatre, hosted by our Drama League directing fellows and Hangar artistic staff
- Begins 45 minutes before every Mainstage performance
- Concludes 20 minutes before curtain
Post Show Talks
- Stay after the show to converse with the cast and creative team about the production
Cornell University/ Ithaca College
- Enjoy many free opportunities including music recitals, art galleries, museums and workshops.
State Park, Gorges and Waterfalls
- Find out for yourself why, "Ithaca is Gorges," by visiting any of the 150 waterfalls, each with its own gorge, within 10 miles of downtown Ithaca
- Some of our favorite spots include:
- Taughannock Falls State Park
- Buttermilk Falls State Park
- Enfield Glen/ Lucifer Falls/ Robert Treman State Park
- Ithaca Falls/ Fall Creek Gorge
Downtown Ithaca Commons
- Come browse Ithaca's open-air mall with over 100 unique shops. Sample Ithaca's boutiques, casual and fine dining, and outdoor public art exhibits.
Dining & Restaurants
The Ithaca area has many opportunities for fine dining, some of our recommendations are:
- Boatyard Grill
- (607) 256-2628
- (607) 319-4366
- Ithaca Bakery
- (607) 273-7110
- Northstar House
- (607) 216-8580
- Moosewood Restaurant
- (607) 273-9610
- Ithaca is home to the longest finger lake at 38 miles long and offers a variety of breathtaking views. If you're in the mood for recreation, kayaks and paddleboards are available to rent for thrill-seekers. If you're looking for a more relaxed view of the lake, make sure to schedule a boat tour and cruise up past the Hangar Theatre.
Finger Lakes Winery Tours
- Quench your thirst and take a Finger Lakes wine tour around Cayuga Lake. While traveling the nation's first, and oldest, wine trail, you'll enjoy breath taking views of the lake and sample some of the finest Rieslings the area has to offer.
- Cayuga Wine Trail (607) 869-4281
Other Theatre Arts Attractions
- Ithaca Shakespeare Company
- 1 Plantations RD., Ithaca, NY
- Kitchen Theatre
- 17 W. State St., Ithaca, NY
- State Theatre of Ithaca
- 107 W. State St., Ithaca, NY
- Cornell University's Schwartz Center for Performing Arts
- 430 College Ave., Ithaca, NY
- Ithaca College's Dillingham Center for Performing Arts
- 953 Danby Rd., Ithaca, NY