Marketing and Communications Internship
Hangar Theatre is seeking marketing and communications interns for Summer 2015. Build your resume and come get hands on experience marketing and promoting a professional regional theatre! Interns work directly with the Manager of Marketing and Communications.
Assisting the Marketing Manager in implementing and/or developing a marketing and publicity plan which may include research, events postings, material distribution and production, social media management, writing and proofing, outreach, archiving, and more.
Excellent writing and communication skills and computer proficiency are required. Graphic design experience preferred.
Group Sales/Subscriber Services Internship
This position is mentored by both the Hangar Theatre Marketing Manager and the Audience Services Manager and is primarily a spring/summer position. Candidate should possess professional written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills, excellent research and organization skills and a strong interest in Arts Administration and Marketing. Some graphic design experience is a plus. This position requires proficiency in Excel, Word, and basic office software.
- Assist Audience Services Manager and Marketing Manager in design and distribution of marketing materials and e-blasts for group sales and subscription sales
- Subscriber communications, including phone, in person, e-mail and postal mailings. Facilitate subscriber seating requests and ticket exchanges
- Facilitate internal VIP ticket reservations
- Data collection, organization and entry for group sales and subscriber services
- Welcome large groups and facilitate their arrival to the theatre
This position is a great opportunity for a student to expand their understanding of Theater Arts
and not-for-profit administration. The intern is mentored by the Annual Fund Manager and
Development Associate. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, excellent attention to detail and high level organizational skills. This position will report to our Development Associate. An interest in Theatre Arts Management or not-for-profit philanthropy is preferred. Opportunities are available year round.
- Assist Development Department in fund-raising and stewardship activities
- Track donor and prospect data in donor and ticketing software (Total Info Easy-Ware)
- Donor correspondence
- Preparation of reports for staff and board use
- Special event planning and support
- Raffle or other short-term fund-raising program management
- Prospect and foundation research
- Writing and proofreading of proposals, correspondence, publications, reports
Front of House Internship
Successful candidates will be articulate, detail-oriented individuals with initiative and strong customer service skills. This seasonal summer position reports to the Audience Services Manager and assists the House Manager and Concession Manager with patron services prior to and during Mainstage and KIDDSTUFF performances. Duties include monitoring lobby and restroom cleanliness, assisting with concession sales and opening Night receptions, staffing Will Call and Box Office, supervising ushers.
- Training of ushers
- Assisting patrons with special needs
- Maintaining supply of programs at the theatre
- Seating issues
- Assisting Box Office personnel with Will Call
- Counting ticket stubs and issuing daily house reports
- Set up, break down and staffing of opening night receptions.
The Front of House Intern assists with all Mainstage and KIDDSTUFF performances throughout the season, and will be provided the opportunity to serve as House Manager for select KIDDSTUFF performances throughout the season.
Company Management Internship
Applicants should have the ability to work effectively with many personality types. The ideal candidates will also possess excellent time management skills and will be highly organized. Most importantly, all candidates should have creative problem solving skills, the ability to multi-task under pressure, and an interest in hospitality and customer service. This position reports to the Company Manager.
- Assist the Company Manager & Assistant Company Manager in arranging and providing hospitality to the acting company and guest artistic staff.
- Arranging travel and housing
- Coordinate refreshments for Meet & Greets
- Organize and maintain housing kits and prepare residences for company members
- Coordinate daily shuttle schedules
- Assisting in the special needs of the company and working to welcome artists to Ithaca and the Hangar Theatre
Executive Management Internship
This position will expose early career managers to cultural management, executive leadership and mission-based decision making in the professional theatre, Successful candidates will receive a broad overview of the Hangar Theatre and how it functions as a whole. This position reports to the Managing Director.
- Be prompt and prepared for work each day
- Become familiar with the theatre’s daily operations expense and revenue concerns, and mission-based goals and priorities
- Participate in fund-raising events and represent the Hangar to the public, possibly through participating in curtain speeches, board meetings, and other events
- Attend leadership meetings, department head meetings, and board meetings
- Complete independent projects as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of theatrical production and management
- Refined standards of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent administration and communication skills Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to take direction and work with others in a team oriented environment
Preference will be given to applicants with an undergraduate degree in business, communications or the arts. Interested applicants will need to submit references and one writing sample (no longer than two pages) in addition to the Intern Application, letter of interest and resume.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com for all Administration internships.